Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Appearances: Ingraham Manor and New England Carousel Museum


The first appearance on Halloween was at Ingraham Manor for a costume parade organized by Sarah Decker, Miss Bristol's Outstanding Teen. There was a great turnout, and everyone's costumes looked great! We walked door to door, visiting the residents. Each senior citizen recieved either a pin or a bookmark from one of the children. It was great to see their faces light up with delight when we visited them. Sarah did an impressive job of putting this event together...she definitly brightened up this Halloween for the residents that we visited.

Next we went to the New England Carousel Museum's annual Halloween Party. I stood by the front enterance, greeting the guests and handing out bags for their prizes, as well as their contestant numbers for the costume contest. Inside, there were tons of games, activities, and of course food for the kids. I got to be one of the three judges for the costume contest...it was extremely difficult! I was very impressed with the creativity of all the costumes. Though we gave out awards for the top costumes, every child went home with a prize. I had a lot of fun spending time with the kids. I'd like to extend a special thanks to Brittany Decker for letting me borrow her pink gown for my costume, everyone loved it!

On Sunday, we had the rehersal for the Little Miss/Preteen Miss Bristol Pageant (which is going to be next Saturday at 1 pm and Bristol Central High School). All of the girls were charming and adorable. So many of them gave me baggies with pop tabs in them...one girl even gave me a container with over 3,500 tabs in it! I'm so thankful to the people who are helping me out with this project...I can't wait to deliver the collection in December. One tab may be small, but they definitly add up!

No comments:

Post a Comment