Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mall Madness Girl Scout Day 2010

Yesterday I visited the Enfield Square Mall to spend time celebrating the 98th Birthday of Girls Scouts! I was a Girls Scout when I was little, starting as a Daisy, then a Brownie for several years, and finally a Junior for 2 years. It was great spending time with so many young women! We watched performances by Miss Connecticut, Miss Connecticut's Outstanding Teen, and several of the other Miss and Teen titleholders of 2010. The East Hartford Dance Club performed a few ballroom dancing numbers, including the samba and the chacha. Everyone did a great job. I had the opportunity to visit many of the Girl Scout booths which each promoted different causes, such as tobacco prevention and tollerance of differences. I had such a great time catching up with the other titleholders, as well as talking to the Girl Scouts. Many of them were really interested in the Miss America Organization, so it was a great opportunity to promote our organization as well as talk about the values we uphold, which are very similar to those in the Girl Scout Organization. Thank you to Gail Mccool for including us in this event!

A Daisy and I



Sarah and I
Titleholders & Girl Scouts

No comments:

Post a Comment